ABRSM has been giving structure and support and setting standards for over a hundred years. During that time much has been tried, tested and consolidated. We use that wealth of experience for the benefit and guidance of the many hundreds of thousands who regularly take the grades, knowing that they are part of the most respected and valued system of music exams in the world.
Enjoyment through achievement
Earning an ABRSM certificate is a rewarding experience!
If you are working hard to make progress with your music you need some way of recognising your success and reassurance that you are on the right road. This is exactly what music exams offer:
- Motivation and inspiration, working from a carefully structured syllabus towards a definite goal
- A measure of personal progress and attainment against internationally recognised benchmarks
- An objective guide to improve your musical skills
- Assessment by a respected and independent musician who has been highly trained and is constantly monitored
- Performance opportunities and a real sense of achievement
ABRSM’s mission is to inspire achievement in music. In partnership with the Royal Schools of Music, we support high-quality music-making and learning around the world. We offer pathways and resources for learners and teachers that help build musical skills, provide goals and encourage progress.